Parish Church of St John the Baptist, Danbury

Welcome to the Parish Church of St John the Baptist in Danbury, Essex

Facebook - Flickr - Google

Arial Photos

The Parish Church of St John Baptist stands out on Danbury ridge as a landmark whose spire is visible from the A12 and from many local vantage-points. There has been a church here from at least 1233, and probably considerably before that. The present church is a Grade 1 Listed Building. There is much of interest to see inside the church, including the three famous wooden effigies of the Crusader "Knights of Danbury". The interior is largely Victorian, deriving from Gilbert Scott's re-ordering in 1866. The unusual carved wooden creatures gracing the ornate pew-ends copy the style of the three remaining fifteenth-century pews to be seen just inside the church.

Click here for this weeks pew leaflet

Click here to see this years Annual Report

 

Upcoming Events

 

 

If you wish to receive weekly service sheets via email please contact our parish secretary parishsec1@gmail.com

Meeting Room Church History Links
Photos and Videos Music at the Church Church Groups
Spiritual Resources Arranging a Service Stewardship

Health & Safety Info